Saturday, June 24, 2006

Week 9 Confidence Check

When I was a student, I didn't bother about building my confidence. To me, being smart and intelligent was more important than being confident (no IS and I&E back then).

But when I started working, I found out that only the intellectuals and geeks (like me) didn't care about confidence. Everyone else was affected by confidence, even if they didn't realise it.

Like, let's say you have some superb idea to share with your colleagues. If you don't have confidence, your other colleague who has a lot of confidence but only a so-so idea may have the upper hand. (Why do you think ang mohs tend to rise faster than their singaporean colleagues, even though the ang moh isn't smarter? No it's not racism - it's because they have confidence and most singaporeans don't.)

Like it or not, confidence matters.

Actually, I typed down those thoughts above after I came across this Confidence Check - a simple quiz to see how confident you are. (Don't forget to check out their tips to boost your confidence and courage as well.)

I'm now a lot more confident than when I was in school, and I hope to see you guys become more confident after going thru I&E! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home