Thursday, July 06, 2006

Week 11 Student's reflections ...

"Giving a presentation is hard. It's always good to go prepared even thought there's almost nothing to prepare. Having good ideas and confidence to sell the ideas are two different things, one cannot do without the other. Excellent idea without the guts to say it means no one will know your idea, having all the confidence in the world to show only an unpractical idea may not work out too. Image and confidence are really important in selling your idea. The strange stares from their eyes, sometimes you just have to ignore. Team is a not just a group of people that will back you up when you need them, they are the one who will make you improve by giving you comments. When you are down, the team is there, when you are driven by sudden surge of passion, they are there to share. It's always good to know there's a supportive team behind you. Together we achieve more."

A mature student ...



"I learnt to always have a back-up plan, in fact, not only one back up, should have like 2 or 3 for in case. detailed planning should also be done."

A student with strong character ...



"My group was supposed to mount on the event, xxxxx. Yet our plan failed and we decided to set our target on yyyyy. Everything went on smoothly, we sent our proposal regarding the workshop to so-and-so and she was satisfied with our proposal. We cracked our brains for new ideas and think of creative ways to perform better in mounting a new event. Our mentor, Max, gave us his opinions on what we should do and he even gave us more time for preparation. Commments and questions could be asked through our class blog and this further brings the group close together. We are not afraid to give our opinions during discussions, and I've learnt to speak up and have more confidence when presenting myself. For instance, I didn't realise that I can actually hold a conversation with the principal?!"

An attractive looking student ...



"I enjoy being in my group because they are the greatest people. We had lots of fun working together. In my group, I play my part being a finance manager, taking care of the details needed for the cash buget. I gave ideas to the team and also comments for the ideas be it good or bad. There's lot of stress because of other commitments in school, but we encouraged each other. If there are not that many other commitments, I believe that our project will be of a greater success."

A strong-silent type student ...



"I&E in action has allowed us to plan and mount an activity step by step instead of rushing through the plan like we always did in our work. However, there are also times whereby we need the help of the mentor. Some of the most common problems that we encountered are teamwork and different thinkings/ideas. In one instance, my other team members did more work than me as they have better connections with their juniors. Different ideas allow more creativity in our final product when the ideas are combined together. Initially, I feared that I wasn't up to being able to mount a proper activity for I&E. However, with the involvment of a team, such a fear is actually overcome. Besides, I also thought that my creativity will not be able to help much in the module, however, as the module progresses, creativity is slowly uncovered. My group is considered united as we discuss with every group member before implementing any ideas. Everyone is responsible on their part. I might had done better in contributing more to the group."

A highly artistic and creative student ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home